(Control of Substances Hazardous to
(1) Why COSHH is required?
The use of chemicals or other hazardous substances at work
can put people's health at risk. As a result the law requires
employers to protect their employee's health by limiting their
exposure to hazardous substances. Therefore it is mandatory
that all employers comply with the Control of Substances
Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (as amended).
(2) What are the benefits of COSHH?
Failure to comply with COSHH may result in:
- A loss of productivity in your business.
- Legal action by both the Government and
The benefits of COSHH therefore are numerous. For
- Improved productivity based upon fewer days lost due to
ill health and the reduction of raw material use.
- Improved employee morale. As a result of feeling safe in
their office environment.
- No costly legal action to contend with.
(3) What OfficeTeam products requires a COSHH
- Substances used directly in work activities (e.g. Pens
& Highlighters, Toners, Ink Cart, Adhesives, Cleaning
Materials, Tippex etc)
For further information on COSHH please contact your local
HSE office or click on the link below.